Contemporary Russian Art30 августа 2012 года
Contemporary Russian Art
The next series of "Contemporary Art of Russia" regular stamps has been in circulation since July 30. Stamps produced by the Publishing and Trading Centre "Marka", printed at the Moscow Printing Factory - Branch of Goznak – were issued in the number of 240,000 copies (40 thousand vintage sheets).
All in all six masterpieces of contemporary Russian art were released in July:
- The Monument to Feodor I. Chaliapin in Kazan by Balashov A.V. (1999).
- The Monument "Mammoths" in Khanty-Mansiysk by Kovalchuk A.N. (2007).
- The painting "The Cossacks. Stapedius" by Gavrilyachenko S.A. (1999).
- The painting "AWarm Day" by Lehmann G.A. (1996).
- The painting "Russian Madonna" by Nesterenko V.I. (2005).
- The painting "Autumn. Interior" by Suhovetskiy A.N. (1992).
All the series is designed in one and the same style - bronze dye imitates the picture frame. Brown tracery on bronze made by offset imitates a carved frame, the varnish laid on the reproduction imitates the gloss of oil paints.